Morningstar EcoPulse Solar Charge Controller - 20 Amp
The EcoPulse is a pulse width modulation (PWM) solar charge controller within Morningstar’s Essential Series™ of products which provides essential off-grid battery regulation functions. This controller is easy to use, and designed for residential and leisure consumer applications.* Metered and non-metered versions of this product are available at 10, 20, and 30 amp charge ratings for 12 and 24 volt battery systems.
Key Features & Benefits:
- High Reliability – conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
- Robust Thermal Design – extruded aluminum heatsink dissipates heat quickly without using cooling fans.
- Durable Casing – high strength polycarbonate case.
- LED Fault Indications – alert when short circuit, over current, high voltage, and other error conditions take place.
- Automatic Solar Based Lighting Control – field adjustable dusk ‘til dawn setting.
- Adjustable Charge Settings – seven presets and a custom setting can be set via DIP Switches or by the meter display buttons.
- Adjustable Load Control – load control can be adjusted via meter display.
- Optional Meter – multi-lingual interface with scroll buttons to adjust the settings and display metrics.
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 12V or 24V auto-detect
- Battery Voltage Range: 10-35V
- Voltage Accuracy: <= 0.1% +/- 50mV
- Maximum Battery Current: 10A, 20A or 30A
- Maximum PV open-circuit voltage: 60V
- Load Current Rating: 10A, 20A or 30A
- Self-Consumption: <15mA; <20mA (meter)
- LED Indications: (1) status, (3) Battery state of charge
- Transient Surge Protection: 1500 Watts (solar, battery, load)
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to + 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to + 80°C
- Humidity: 100% non-condensing
- Tropicalization: conformal coating, marine-rated terminals
- Dimensions (W x L x D): 15.3 x 10.5 x 5.5 cm; 6.0 x 4.1 x 2.2 in
- Weight: 0.4 kg / 1.0 lbs
- Wire Size Range: Power Terminals: 2.5 - 16 mm2 / 14 - 6 AWG Battery/Temp. Sense: 0.25 - 1.0 mm2 / 24 - 16 AWG
- Enclosure: IP20, Type 1
- Solar Input: overload, short-circuit, high voltage, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current
- Load Output: overload, short-circuit, high temperature, reverse polarity
- Battery: reverse polarity (no battery removal)
- 4-Stage charging: Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
- Temperature Compensation Coefficient: -30mV/°C/12volt
- Set-points: Absorption, Float, Equalize, HVD
Load & Lighting Control
- Low Voltage Disconnect, Low Voltage Reconnect Settings: 11.4 V / 12.6 V or Custom (x2 for 24 volt systems)
- Lighting Settings: Dusk to Dawn
- Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
- Resolution: 128 x 64 pixels
- Viewing Area: 5.0 cm x 2.5 cm
- Interactive: Yes
- CE, TUV Listed: IEC 62109